Friday, April 24, 2009

Day 6 and 7 ...the end!

Okay, so the vacation is posted. Each day has it's own post (except for this one!) and at the very end is our Easter! If I was you I would start at the bottom... but do what you want, I always do!

Day 6 was spent at Knotts Berry Farm where Ethan continued to prove that he was a coaster champ. He rode everything and anything he was tall enough to ride and was devastated when he wasn't tall enough! Luckily we had Doug to babysit this day. All though since he was secretly ecstatic he didn't have to ride the thrill rides I think he was just as grateful we had small kids with us! I went to Cali with one ride in mind! The Xcelerator.... what ride was closed all damn day? That's right the Xcelerator. Were they unwilling to compensate me for my disappointment? You betcha! I would of totally driven there the next day just to ride that and then go to the beach after. Ethan was a huge fan of Boomerang he made us ride it like 5 times! He didn't want to ride Perilous plunge, then neither did I really! He was mad when he couldn't ride Rip Tide, and they have the coolest log ride ever! We pretty much had the park to ourselves on this 101 deg Monday so we got to just sit on rides when there was no lines! It was awesome. Almost as cool as front of the line passes!


Ethan getting strapped in for another ride on Boomerang!


The whole fam ready to go!

Day 7 was spent at Newport beach, it was hot and the water was cold! Ethan took his arm floaties and his tube and hit the waves head on. Is he really half Kyle? By this point in the vacation I am really starting to wonder. Just kidding, Kyle did awesome the whole week as well. He only sat out of the two really spinny rides. The teacups and then some el revolution thing at Knott's which I could have ridden all day, it was so relaxing! After a couple hours in the water and then building a clam farm, catching a starfish, and a sand crab with my boys, I was off to my towel. Where I promptly fell asleep (for an hour) and fried my legs! Thanks for walking by and sun screening me mom (why did I bring her anyway if she was just going to let me bake myself)! Kyle's sides got fried as well. Plus he has a cool Zorro back thanks to my sweet spray sun screening techniques! Then after lunch/dinner it was another mad dash to the airport, only to have our flight delayed 35 minutes or so!

That's it. If you read this from the bottom to the top you probably think you are exhausted but you have no idea what exhausted means! Not only did we not get home until like 1am every night but I had a test on Wednesday at 8 that I was up till like 2 am studying for after my long day of beach and flying! Bottom line, it was a ton of fun and I can't wait to go back. This time with all my kids! Although it will probably never be the same. I think Ethan through two temper tantrums the whole week and they lasted maybe 3 minutes each. He wasn;t even sad when it was time to leave. I know I will never be that lucky again, but I still can't wait to give all my kids the same experience!

3 comments:

Chelsea Ivie!! said...

It looks like you guys had a fun time! It makes me really want to go!!!

Meet the Falkners said...

WOW! And I thought we kept busy in California... I am pretty sure you just re-defined the word busy. What good times though. We loved California as well and our kids were seriously so awesome the whole trip!

Julie said...

Wow, how fun!!! You are smart to leave the little ones at home. I told Troy we aren't going until our youngest is at least 5. Looks like we aren't going for about another 10 years!