Sunday, April 5, 2009

Stupid knee

This post has no pictures.... Since I am totally beyond being a blog slacker I thought of a fun tid bit that may (or may not) be blog worthy! Some of you may not know that I dislocated my knee cap two weeks ago at the sand dunes! Yes I did, that is how awesome I am. We brought a brand new bike, (a very sweet YZ450F) and I got hurt on it within 2 hours of it's riding life! I was in the parking lot and in first gear so I don't even have a cool story. I just stepped off it wrong as it was going down and twisted my knee. Apparently yanking my knee cap out of place. This in turn tore my joint capsule and filled my knee with about 45 ml of blood(I so wish I would of taken a picture of this)! So cool(heavy sarcasm)! Because of this I have been couch ridden for the past two weeks. I have been able to walk without crutches for about a week, and my relationship with stairs gets better every day!

So the point of all of this rambling is that I went back to the gym for the first time today and... I lost 5 lbs! Granted they were all probably due to muscle atrophy but I was sure I was going to gain 30 lbs sitting on my butt for 1/2 a month. Because literally I have been laying on my couch with my leg iced and elevated for two weeks! So.... that's the whole point of this post. Sorry to waste every one's time but at least I posted SOMETHING!

I do have some adorable pics of my kids that I will try and get on here some time this week! So look forward to a real post coming soon!

P.S. We are surprising Ethan with a trip to Disneyland the 15th through the 21st and I was sure that I was going to have to be in a wheelchair, but since the MRI showed that my ACL is in good shape I don't need surgery and I get to go with a cool brace and walk like a normal human! Oh man, I can not wait!!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Take the wheelchair... You know how much shorter the lines are at Disneyland with one!?!?!