Friday, April 24, 2009

Vaca Day 1! The big reveal

Ethan had NO idea we were going on vacation. He thought we were taking my mom and Doug to the airport and then we were going to take him and McKenna to Discovery Gateway. I was most excited about getting to tell him we were going on the plane too and that he got to go to Disneyland. This did not turn out to be as exciting as I had planned in my head. First of all we were later to the airport then I wanted to be because of a miscommunication with the small kids pick up time. So we were rushed and ended up having us dropped at curb side to stand in line while Kyle went to park the car. So I didn't have enough minutes to fully explain the situation properly. Then he was disappointed that he wasn't going to the children's museum. How he could even care about that over Disneyland, I have no idea. He has been asking to go for three whole years now. Then there was the fear of the airplane right after we got out of the car it hit him that he was going to fly. That's when the tears started. He told me later that he was never sad about going to Disneyland just scared of flying. So the big reveal was rushed and tear filled. But once in line to check our bags he started to calm down with several reassurings that flying was not scary and that we would be with him the whole time. He started to get really excited and by the time we were on the plane he was the bouncy, excited kid from my mind! He was still a little apprehensive and didn't really want to watch while we took off or flew but he was a trooper. At the beginning of the flight he turned to me and said, "Mom, I get to go on a plane, and I am going to Disneyland. I am the luckiest kid ever!" It was so cute and so loud! Everyone in a five aisle radius turned and smiled and laughed. It was a priceless moment. He won't admit to this but in all the chaos off the curb side drop off he asked why Packy and Brynn didn't get to come and that he was going to miss them. Landing was another tear filled moment when he couldn't get his ears to pop but it was short lived. Here are some pics!



In the car not quite sure what to make out of this whole thing yet!


How wonderful my surprise worked out! Here is his melt down when he found out that he had to go on an airplane. He wanted to drive, he wanted to be older when he went on a plane for the first time.


Happy fam in the plane, waiting to take off.


When it sinks in that he gets to go on a plane and to Disneyland!


His happy place while in the air! Thank you Jet Blue for the individual Tv's. I love JetBlue and may always fly them in the future!

No comments: