Friday, November 14, 2008

RIP Roxy!

7/4/00-11/13/08



You were here for just 8 short years. You were so sweet even mean old Kyle couldn't help but love you. We almost lost you when you were just a brand new puppy, you pulled through and spent a lot of good times with us. You had many owners in your life. You started out as mine, Kyle quickly adopted you, then mom took over while we were in Phoenix and just barely relinquished control to Doug about a year ago. You were very lucky to have such a great family, and I am glad we were able to provide that for you. I am sure you knew that because you showed us nothing but unconditional love. We will always remember your ability to sniff out chapstick and chocolate within a 5 mile radius, and how you were able to get to it no matter where it was. We will never forget how car sick you would get. How you would just stand on the center console and lean your head on mom to help comfort you on long rides. You went by many names and we loved all that went with them. Roxy, Rox, Rocky, Rock and Rue. I am sure there are a few I am missing. Stef reminds us that you were sick and in pain, and now you have gone to a better place. For that I am very grateful. I am very sad today but happy to have had you in my life.

6 comments:

emily said...

I'm so sorry...luckily you have the great memories to remember her by.

Stef, Joe and Kade said...

Haha - Tara, Roxy looks dead in this picture!!! That was probably not the best choice for a remembrance post! Anywho, that is way sweet of you and Roxy is watching down on all of us!! Just be happy we still have Guid... Thanks for bringin the kids over today. They were so cute and so good!! Love you sis!!

Jen and Jason said...

Tara, it's Jen Mitchell. Sorry to hear about your dog.

Meet the Falkners said...

Sorry to hear about your dog. I know you guy loved him to pieces. Hope all is well.

Elizabeth said...

Please tell me this is not a picture of her passing... :-( Don't you have any baby pics of her?

The West Family Circus said...

No she is not dead or dying in this pic. She is basking in the sun, which she loves! I don't have any other digital photos or I would of used a better pic!