Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Xmas blur

I figured I should do my Xmas post before the end of the year! Since that is in just a few hours I better get started. I also sold the Acura today so I have to run off to the bank in a few so this should be short and sweet(Like I am capable of that)! Before Xmas this year was pretty lax, we didn't do the normal stress out to get everything accomplished thing. We slowly got the decorations out and put up. We didn't do the yard. The kids did most of the inside stuff, including the tree (sorry no pics). Since we didn't stress out (really what's the point?) and worry about what to buy, Xmas kind of snuck up on us. I made a very neat and organized list of everything and we stuck to it. I don't even think KW had to step foot in a store this year. We had a great Xmas of course. We had our family party on Xmas eve and that was a ton of fun with Guitar Hero World Tour. We were up till 3am playing. Then my mom made us stop so Santa could come. My kids didn't even notice that Santa and their parents hardly brought anything. Thanks to the fact that all the Johnston kids spent the night. There was total Xmas morning chaos! KW took about a 20% pay cut in the middle of the year so we were forced to scale back a lot. In fact he is getting another 15-18% cut tomorrow. So we will be scaling back even more. That is one of the reasons we decided to sell the car. But back to Xmas... Everyone woke up (me and KW finally got out of bed!) around 9:30 and the chaos commenced! After presents we cooked breakfast. SO and JO were stuck at their house so KW had to go get them in the Jeep. After breakfast my dad and grandma stopped by for a little bit. Along with the Hansen's. SO, JO, WH, and LA stayed and played GHWT and GH Aerosmith before they left. Then I took a nap before I had to leave for work! It was a short and simple day with hardly any meltdowns! Friday night we were up till 2 playing GHWT, Saturday we played GHWT and Wii Fit all day then stayed up and played GHWT again till 4am. Sunday afternoon we finally made enough money to unlock to Tool songs, plus a ton of other cool stuff! We had a really relaxing weekend of Wii Fit and GHWT and we are finally getting back to normal now that it is the middle of the week. Here are a ton of pics! I should of probably made a slide show, but oh well!

Making a ginger bread house

The finished product. Kyle would like you to appreciate his icicles.

It didn't last very long

They all took turns eating it throughout the month

Our tree!

With presents (Yes I am eventually planning on getting rid of the old lady wallpaper in our house!)

Grandma and the boys Xmas eve

Xmas eve jammies. I have no idea what is so funny to ST and JT but TT's face cracks me up!

GHWT

Snugglin'

Santa presents

Xmas morning CHAOS!!!

One of the reasons I am the coolest mom on the planet.

Why go outside and use all that new snow gear?

This is perfectly warm and convenient

It all ended without any trips to the ER!

3 comments:

Stef, Joe and Kade said...

Coolest mom? More like coolest AUNT!! It was all my idea and I was the one to pad the landing area. HAHA, I have some funny pics of this too!!

The West Family Circus said...

I'm the coolest mom because I let it happen. Without helmets even!

Meet the Falkners said...

You are the coolest mom, when do I get to come try out the sled. That looks awesome! What a fun Christmas too.