Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Bear Lake

We went to Bear Lake this weekend and had a ton of fun. However, I don't have any pics. My camera died at Jungle Jims so I put some batteries in the motorhome. What I forgot was that the SD card was still in our old camera from loading the pictures on to the computer! Yes we have had that camera for close to nine months and no we still have not loaded it's software on to our computer.

We got there Friday night and set up camp. My mom and Doug met us up there with McKenna and Ryley. While Kyle was putting the rain fly on the tent for Ryley and McKenna I walked over to our neighbors fire and warmed some hotdogs for the kids. The little old couple asked me if all the little kids slept in the tent. I expalned that the tent was for the teenagers my mom was bringing up. The little old lady was so astonished that this little couple with four little kids (we had my little sister) would be setting up camp for teenagers! It was so cute and it kind of was culture shock because I wasn't a teenager myself that long ago. I don't really see us as this little old married couple that should have teenagers helping us. Not the other way around like this lady apparently felt!

Saturday we went to Minnetonka (spelling?) cave. The kids loved it. My mom almost died! Ethan is quite the geologist. He was taking about how they call this certain type of rock, bacon. My mom and Doug thought he was just being crazy and right after that the guy started to explain it to us. It was so cute. Paxton was carried almost the whole way because he was tired and cranky. Brynn wanted to walk the whole time. Mind you it is 440 steps in and then back out. She didn't care that she was holding up the whole group, she was going to walk. She honestly has no idea she is a tiny bird.

Sunday we went to the beach and it was awesome. That water was shallow forever so no one drowned! The kids had so much fun. I think Kyle had the best time though. He dug in the dirt and helped bury Ryley. It was sunny and warm, and I think it will be one of our new favorite places.

No comments: